April 2020 Call
Songs from this call:
From the start – https://soundcloud.com/matteaheartmusic/firebird-1 (Firebird by Mattea Luna)
From the dance – https://soundcloud.com/moyomovements/white-eagle-prayer (White Eagle Message remix by Moyo Movements)
From Deana – https://youtu.be/dX11MEtbkXI (We shall be known by MaMuse)
Video Call Beautiful Practice
Hosting a great community video call is a bit of an art form. As we want them to be special experiences and also we want them to keep the energy, and be useful for those when they watch them back. Here are some guidelines to really show up and make these calls as beautiful as possible. They are the similar guidelines to if you were showing up to a yoga workshop in real life, but with extra tips for the digital world. We are co-creating sacred space.
– please sit somewhere quiet and show up and set up 5 mins before the call time
– wear headphones (ideally with a little microphone like you might use for phone calls). it helps the quality of the call
– please mute yourself when not speaking (unless the host has unmuted everyone)
– Keep your video on. Signals that you are listening and attentive to the group. If you need to go off video for some reason, let others know why (do this in the chat rather than interrupting the flow of the conversation)
– we start these calls in silence where everyone is muted and we go into meditation to make this a sacred space
– please only speak when invited by the host to make the flow of the conversation work.
– consider what you are saying and what you are adding to the conversation as this is a sacred space – are you speaking just to fill a pause or is it adding something? speak when you are invited to speak and otherwise use the chat box (more like when you are in a class or workshop rather than when you are chatting to a friend)
– when we check in, the question is “what is present for you?” please answer with your heart and share what is alive for you, what are you feeling, where do you feel supported, where do you need support, what’s inspiring you etc.
– on zoom you can click on gallery view where you see everyone’s faces, if you hover your mouse on the screen – everyone’s names come up so you can find a name to pass it on
– we take a pause and a three breaths between each person’s share as a way of fully receiving it before we move on.
– if you are late arriving or need to leave early – don’t worry but please don’t interrupt the conversation to explain and give your reasons. either just leave or use the chat box feature in zoom.
– If you are feeling confused, have a question or have something to add – use the chat box or send a chat message to amisha directly (you can send messages to everyone and to individuals privately)
– Use non-verbal signalling, for example we touch our hearts when we feel what the other is saying, we do namaste as a thank you, and we can do jazz hands to be in excited agreement.
– Use the chat box to add links, names, songs or references you mention that others may be interested in. I will then add them to the video so we can easily find them.